- Is there a set minimum number of hours that I have to have?
- No. You can have from half an hour a week to 24 hours a day. Your care is planned around you and your needs.
- Is there a minimum length of time per visit?
- Yes. The minimum length of visit is 30 minutes. This is so that we may properly assess and reassess your needs as well as maintain our high standards of care.
- Do you have insurance?
- Yes. We are fully insured.
- Are you registered and regulated with the Commission of Social care Inspection (CSCI)?
- Yes. We are registered and regulated by CSCI but now known as CQC. We have also been given a 2 star good service rating.
- Are your staff fully trained?
- We hold regular mandatory training sessions for our carers as well as extra training in other areas in order to enhance their skills and deliver a high standard of care to clients.
- How do you monitor the standards of your care service.
- We take the standards of our care service very seriously that is why we implements regular quality checks with clients and care workers. We have a dedicated Field Care Supervisor and Care manager whose roles are to continually monitor client satisfaction and Carer needs and performance.
- What if I have a complaint?
- We welcome complaints as well as compliments. If you have a complaint then we have a complaint procedure. You can tell us verbally or in writing. We take all complaints extremely seriously and will address all issues promptly. Your satisfaction is paramount to our success.
- Who do you care for?
- We care for anybody in need of a high standard home care service. This includes, but is not limited to the client groups listed here... Older people Young adults Those with physical disabilities Age 18+ with mental health problems Age 18+ with learning disabilities HIV/AIDS Anyone suffering from terminal illness.
- What if I cannot find the answer to my question here?
Our friendly staff will be happy to assist you with your enquiry and you can contact them on 01442 234 780, 7 days a wee k for assistance.
You may also fill in our online form using our contact form. To allow us to better assist you, please include as much detail as possible.